Today is when you must do what you should,
For today will soon be gone,
Today is what we always have,
As we arise at the break of dawn.
Yesterday is gone and won’t come back,
It tells of times both happy and sad,
While some often want to change what’s gone,
Many seldom appreciate what made them glad.
Tomorrow my friend no one controls,
It’s that ray of hope that guides your way,
So be brave be just be true and sincere,
And safely tread the path of today.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Today by michelle richards )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Uphill Fight, Maverick Jones
- I am Palestine, RiRi S...
- coasting on lucid language, Mandolyn Davidson
- गोरबोनि देँखो, Ronjoy Brahma
- grenadier guards, lee fones
- I was not that lucky, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- the jar has more than wasps, Mandolyn Davidson
- A prayer to my Pagli..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Swabby Ship Shanty, Samantha Pearson
- In Praise of Nobility (Sixteen), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu