Today... 'Beginning Of The Creation Of God'
In the beginning was the Word.
Before the dawn of time He stood.
Spoke creations word 'Let there be'
beginning this worlds destiny.
Light shot forth in splendid array
and commenced creations first day.
Galaxies sprang into being.
Pristine light at its beginning.
Earthly time Jesus first began
according to His wondrous plan.
Out of the dust making a man
and in His likeness formed Adam.
But mankind sinned and fell from grace.
Sin had entered the human race.
So God came to earth as a man
in Bethlehem where Jesus began.
Man and God, this great mystery
knit together so wonderfully.
By the Spirit in Virgin womb
God, in time a man had become.
This Babe now in Bethlehem born
has heralded a great new dawn.
Jesus, as man had come to earth.
Man enters heaven by new birth.
The new creation has begun.
The firstborn was God's only Son.
Many sons and daughters raising
join together in God praising.
By the Faithful and True Witness
all forgiven as they confess
to the Amen of salvation.
Beginning God's New Creation.
(additional background information is provided in the Poem's story box below)
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Revelation 3: 14
To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation.(NIV)
Revelation 3: 14—'And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write,
‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: (NKJV)
The Bible calls You by many names
each one giving a glimpse of Your glory.
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
with every facet depicting an aspect
of Your Divine Nature.
Today I have thought of You as
'Beginning of the creation of God'
Comments about this poem (Today... 'Beginning Of The Creation Of God' by Roy Allen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(03 April 1964)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
((13 March 1941 – 9 August 2008)
(3 March 1878 - 9 April 1917)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- London, William Blake
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Now let us join hands, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Is It Wrong?, Eugene Latumbo
- The dangers of a selfie, lee fones
- The Other Side of Me, Eugene Latumbo
- IN THE COMFORT OF NATURE, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Agnes, Alexander Onoja
- The Escapist, Jaipal Singh
- GOD LISTENS AND SPEAKS, Michael P. Johnson
- A Journey By Indian Train, Bijay Kant Dubey
- They die before you do., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.