Tomorrow dried in the hopes of reaching yesterday.
The silver glow of a lazy moon floats and infects the aura of a late, starry, night.
I wander off into the desert in search of you [again].
The wind howls her discomfort but I don’t stop.
I never did, I wouldn’t now.
I stare on, past horizons, and keep my eyes peeled.
It’s harder to see when I know the sun won’t be up for ages now.
But still... I keep on walking and as I walk, I find my realities:
-The remains of a dead orca whale
-A ship-wrecked pirate’s boat from 1509
-My right lung with cracked edges and dusty air holes.
Out of disappointment, I retrace my trails in the sand and follow the diamonds in the sky.
I can smell the songs of my mother and father, of my pastor and of The Spirit.
I can taste the bitter call of my ancestors.
I can feel the lost essence of my nation.
But of you...
I receive not even the palest dropp of hope.
Brenda Arroyo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tomorrow dried in the hopes of reaching yesterday. by Brenda Arroyo )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- It, Gilbert Ortega
- The Approach, Gilbert Ortega
- Mona Lisa Canvas, Gilbert Ortega
- Passion Play, Gilbert Ortega
- The Gatekeeper part 2 (In memory of Edga.., Gilbert Ortega
- AGAINST FORGETTING, George Dee Vuy
- The Gatekeeper part 1 (In memory of Edga.., Gilbert Ortega
- For Jennifer, Gilbert Ortega
- Gilded Thorns, Gilbert Ortega
- Journey of death, ramesh rai