a seeming less heart
I hear my thoughts scurry fast across the horizon...
I see how the sun rises but I can not retrace my mind.
For now, it seems that I have no words (not righteously, at least) .
Not even the least.
...The least to say, at all, how I truly feel...
Because time has overlapped inside my head and beneath my bones.
I can not even retrace my steps.
Where have I gone?
I don’t know.
How long have I been this way?
I just discovered that I’ve been.
I can not speak my being because I am left with a single emotion.
An emotion of many emotions and I can not figure it...
For it is only a quivering heartbeat that burrows in my veins,
Afraid to appear as a vulgar scar upon my flesh.
Brenda Arroyo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (a seeming less heart by Brenda Arroyo )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
((13 March 1941 – 9 August 2008)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(03 April 1964)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- A Minor Bird, Robert Frost
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- World vision, Robert Plese
- Falling Fast, Electric Lady
- Afraid, Leong Ming Loong
- Let God spread his sway, hasmukh amathalal
- मिलन ऐसा हो, ओ गोरी, की दुनिया भूल न पाये, Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- RUTHIYA YAAR MAIN KYUON MANAVAN, Om Chawla
- Poisoned, Harley White
- Now let us join hands, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Is It Wrong?, Eugene Latumbo
- The dangers of a selfie, lee fones