Tonight the wind is a bone-cutter
Gnawing away; at any internal natural peace.
Any muscular sinew that hasn’t fallen-
Off the bone and still begs for release….
`Is discarded dropped to earth like a dying petal?
Ah, now hear the wolf cub’s hungry howl…
He, who is only a playful mauler,
All gums and white needle teeth!
Who hasn’t had the last-bite of a black-cherry?
Just to find a pit, a stone, beneath the sweet.
And so you and your master can’t be released.
And why because its howls are heard…
Roaring, rigorously, after you; its royal lions, share!
Not so long-ago, I was his, only brother!
Holding fast; like a tiger.
On the back of his sliver-sleigh,
His sky-blue chariot…
But now I’ve found a pass… through the mountains.
He wants only to tear the hide off me back…
He’s not out here to play.
Tonight the wind is a bone-cutter.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tonight the wind is a bone-cutter by Mark Heathcote )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ah! Little Woodlouse - Are You Unreal?, Brian P FitzGerald
- You Will Always Learn, Naveed Akram
- What can I do, gajanan mishra
- Salvation, Uttam Biswas
- Morning Prayer, Brian P FitzGerald
- Ghost And..., John Ugolo Umah
- Mendel Anxiety, RISHAD MKPNR
- Beauty Falls..., John Ugolo Umah
- Flooded street, gajanan mishra
- Cloud Maker, Pradip Chattopadhyay