Transformation of the Heart (Based on the novel, 'The Scarlet Letter, ' By Nathaniel Hawthorne)
Transformation of the Heart
Roger Primm of seasons before was a scholarly man,
who’s kindness poured.
A doctor by trade, a brain was he,
but there were little things he failed to see.
Hester, Roger’s wife who he vividly ignored,
grew to hate him, she made him abhorred.
Roger wanted attention when she gave him none,
he wanted nourishment when Hester wanted to run.
Roger sent Hester to live in the new world,
hoping she’d start a home, when Chaos unfurled.
Lust was her temptation. Adultery was her sin.
When Roger never showed this is what she indulged in.
A couple years later when Roger came back to the world,
Hester, his wife, wife was on the scaffold.
From this time on, his life was changed.
Turning from God, he became cold and deranged.
Determined to find the man who slept with his wife, his heart grew hard, Vengeance became his life.
The man that Roger lived before, was gone, deceased, existed no more.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Transformation of the Heart (Based on the novel, 'The Scarlet Letter, ' By Nathaniel Hawthorne) by Rocco Dominic )
- Being Serenaded By Heaven, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Message To My Daughter's Grandfather., Tony Adah
- Beneath Covers Of Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My New Home, Leong Ming Loong
- Lost Sequences, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Longing, Leong Ming Loong
- Mr. Conservative Asking Her Daughter, Wh.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Parable, Leong Ming Loong
- The Torture, Leong Ming Loong
- Fanatic's Daughter Miss Burquawalli Met .., Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Love, Ocean Myranda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- 'Happy Happy birthday', Verlecia fields
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)