Transformation of the Heart (Based on the novel, 'The Scarlet Letter, ' By Nathaniel Hawthorne)
Transformation of the Heart
Roger Primm of seasons before was a scholarly man,
who’s kindness poured.
A doctor by trade, a brain was he,
but there were little things he failed to see.
Hester, Roger’s wife who he vividly ignored,
grew to hate him, she made him abhorred.
Roger wanted attention when she gave him none,
he wanted nourishment when Hester wanted to run.
Roger sent Hester to live in the new world,
hoping she’d start a home, when Chaos unfurled.
Lust was her temptation. Adultery was her sin.
When Roger never showed this is what she indulged in.
A couple years later when Roger came back to the world,
Hester, his wife, wife was on the scaffold.
From this time on, his life was changed.
Turning from God, he became cold and deranged.
Determined to find the man who slept with his wife, his heart grew hard, Vengeance became his life.
The man that Roger lived before, was gone, deceased, existed no more.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Transformation of the Heart (Based on the novel, 'The Scarlet Letter, ' By Nathaniel Hawthorne) by Rocco Dominic )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Angler's Ballad, Charles Cotton
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Don't Cry, Kyle Schlicher
- My Life Once Used To Be, Kelly Shanks
- Surveillance., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Blunt and Unskilled Indian English Po.., Pranab K. Chakraborty
- In any cold Winter, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Thank You Friends, Shemsi Elsani
- Canvas, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Do You Care?, Shemsi Elsani
- Friends, Shemsi Elsani
- The bridle., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..