Transformation of the Heart (Based on the novel, 'The Scarlet Letter, ' By Nathaniel Hawthorne)
Transformation of the Heart
Roger Primm of seasons before was a scholarly man,
who’s kindness poured.
A doctor by trade, a brain was he,
but there were little things he failed to see.
Hester, Roger’s wife who he vividly ignored,
grew to hate him, she made him abhorred.
Roger wanted attention when she gave him none,
he wanted nourishment when Hester wanted to run.
Roger sent Hester to live in the new world,
hoping she’d start a home, when Chaos unfurled.
Lust was her temptation. Adultery was her sin.
When Roger never showed this is what she indulged in.
A couple years later when Roger came back to the world,
Hester, his wife, wife was on the scaffold.
From this time on, his life was changed.
Turning from God, he became cold and deranged.
Determined to find the man who slept with his wife, his heart grew hard, Vengeance became his life.
The man that Roger lived before, was gone, deceased, existed no more.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Transformation of the Heart (Based on the novel, 'The Scarlet Letter, ' By Nathaniel Hawthorne) by Rocco Dominic )
- I am Thy Woman O my Protector, Aftab Alam
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #12, Ronjoy Brahma
- Wandering With Affliction, Donald R Charon
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #11, Ronjoy Brahma
- Thoughtful Interlude, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Another Look At Easter, Denis Martindale
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #10, Ronjoy Brahma
- Lost Love Redux, Robert Kane
- When I see u, dipa bhattacharyya
- This Flower, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Heather Burns