Transformation of the Heart (Based on the novel, 'The Scarlet Letter, ' By Nathaniel Hawthorne)
Transformation of the Heart
Roger Primm of seasons before was a scholarly man,
who’s kindness poured.
A doctor by trade, a brain was he,
but there were little things he failed to see.
Hester, Roger’s wife who he vividly ignored,
grew to hate him, she made him abhorred.
Roger wanted attention when she gave him none,
he wanted nourishment when Hester wanted to run.
Roger sent Hester to live in the new world,
hoping she’d start a home, when Chaos unfurled.
Lust was her temptation. Adultery was her sin.
When Roger never showed this is what she indulged in.
A couple years later when Roger came back to the world,
Hester, his wife, wife was on the scaffold.
From this time on, his life was changed.
Turning from God, he became cold and deranged.
Determined to find the man who slept with his wife, his heart grew hard, Vengeance became his life.
The man that Roger lived before, was gone, deceased, existed no more.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Transformation of the Heart (Based on the novel, 'The Scarlet Letter, ' By Nathaniel Hawthorne) by Rocco Dominic )
- Gaza City, Nathalie Handal
- The safety., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Limerick-35, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- no more love story, The Princess is
- Illogical, Margaret Moran
- Want, The Princess is
- The Passing of the Lord, Translation of .., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Teleskof, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bearing With One Another, Edward Kofi Louis
- Danyell, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- avenues america, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)