Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)
Should I leave these changing skies
where burn will not when passing die,
so softly uttered last parting sigh?
Eyes head so tired cannot rest
oft times so hard decide what’s best.
I find now here I cannot stay
my home so distant left, so far away.
I find now here that I was wrong
now stranded body do not belong.
I find now here some culture’s grate
not all lament the fact, can relate.
Transplanted persons like transplanted trees
conditions climate, not all fit, adjust suitably.
Transpose we can the natural order
consider effect created within foreign border.
Grafted thoughts, ideas, like species
may grow strong.
Others wither fade in certain seasons,
A gentle spirit, a wild thing, cannot confine.
To imprison such so wrong don’t ever bind.
For that which is gone is gone forever.
Price paid in due time, still returns not ever.
Copyright © Terence George Craddock
Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Transplanted* by Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light) )
- Leader, Paul Sebastian
- Gin Again, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Teardrops for flowers flow, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The witches teaparty, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The walking moon, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dear soldior hero, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Breakfast with a ghost hero, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Classroom, ania radz
- Breakfast with a ghost, Harold R Hunt Sr
- "...away without leave", Jeff Gangwer
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)