john tiong chunghoo (Jan 21,1960 / NEW YORK)
Travel Haiku - Snake River
we twist and turn
to its slithers
Hells Canyon looms
to the heavens
this hell is cool,
clean and a wondrous treat
The Snake River marks the base of a seemingly bottomless gorge called Hells Canyon, a 7,000-foot deep abyss that is one of nature's grandest achievements. Whether you sign on for three days or five, a rafting trip offers plenty of fun on full-bodied, roller-coaster-style rapids. The Snake's warm, clear water is excellent for swimming and yields pristine sandy beaches you can really dig your toes into. The three-day trip will take you through the upper portion of the canyon and over the two largest rapids. Spend a full five days on the river and the secluded beauty of Hells Canyon will remain eternally etched in your memory.
Poet Other Poems
- 2012 American Presidential Election Hai...
- * Charles Bukowski the Haiku Poet
- * Ezra Pound the Haiku Poet
- * Langston Hughes the Haiku Poet
- * Maya Angelou the Haiku Poet
- * Slyvia Plath the Haiku Poet
- * William Wordsworth the Haiku Poet
- **Haiku Magic **
- *'Alfred Noyes the haiku poet
- *Edgar Allan Poe the Haiku Poet
- *Henry Wadsworth Longfellow the Haiku Po...
- *John Keats the Haiku Poet
- *Pablo Neruda the Haiku Poet
- *Percy Bysshe Shelley the Haiku Poet
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.