Lawrence S. Pertillar
Treats To Nibble
The picture long revealed to be exposed,
And is far from subliminal...
With depictions unhidden,
But some who view are fixed on bits of it.
To be routinely comforted while feeding addictions,
As visions affixed dance to their pleasing of habits.
Petty pushers limited to insights condoned,
Express no interest in the frame...
Or the picture to them shown.
Arguments increase between the ones blindsided,
And those undeniably connecting to reality.
But choices made to feed upon treats to nibbled and eat,
Has successfully blocked a thought process stopped!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Treats To Nibble by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Poem of the Day
- I Couldn't Hold On Your Hands!, Geetha Jayakumar
- An Apple Of Love!, Geetha Jayakumar
- My Astrological Calculations Just For Fun!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Forever Love, Luo Zhihai
- Love Note 17, Michael P. McParland
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant