“Trembellation, Battmann! ” says Robbin, afraid,
“The world, as we know it, is getting very shaky!
Those wonderful brokerages & banks are gone! ”
Battmann listens wisely & counsels his charge:
“They did what they had2do2bring us2our senses:
they showed us the more you derive something,
the closer you get2 nothing much more..That’s
a law of the diminishment of the Fiscal Universe.
Karl Mark put it very simply: “Capital is finite.”
Robbin listens. “But, I thought, Albert Einstein
said that, Batmann! ” “Silly boy, ” says Battmann,
“It was Marx. Einstein had no interest in capital.”
“Are you really quite sure of that? “ asks Robbin;
“I am, I’m infinitey rich & infinitely intelligent.
Things like this I never make a mistake about.”
“Well, where do you have your infinite money? ”
asks Robbin. “In The Wayne Bank, Robbin,
America’s strongest bank, of course, all deposits
backed by pure gold & I’m the only depositor.
I trust myself to cover myself & nobody else.”
(09 OCT 08, Santa Clara CA) v1
bill costley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (TREMBELL@TION! by bill costley )
- Creative Animals, vaibhav bhardwaj
- That Beauty, Mpho Tsakata
- Oziyon Le Dawn living in the sun, Oziyon LeDawn
- Mind Over Matter, Patrick van der Loos
- you're my hard liquor, but soft, Mandolyn ...
- Tears of Heart, Rohit Sapra
- The Value Has To Be, Rohit Sapra
- My Heart Aches So Much, Rohit Sapra
- Feather (haiku), hap rochelle
- i'm a french braid you unravel, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)