Tremors exist and transmit their errors that exist,
Forming entrances to the other world that pour their waste.
One death shakes, one life succumbs tonight,
Their lives are deaths, those fruits of abundance
Wilt like leaves made in the back garden.
Ways are open and closed tonight,
Tense are celebrations, tense are the words
Found in their light, found in their waking life.
This is but one caption, a capture of heavenly status,
The rhythm of this jive has reached a sacred bridge
That we must cross to arrive at scenes of skill and love.
The earthquakes forgive like jumping frogs and
Abundant words are mentioned to symbolize their stance.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tremors Exist by Naveed Akram )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Poem of the Day
- Love Note 17, Michael P. McParland
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.