Kingsley Olaleye Reuben
Twenty For You
How far would you got to make someone realize that you love them?
Would you make them realize that they are a gem?
What would you do if you failed in this-would you try again?
Would you rise up and break the failure chain?
Would you go to any length to prove you loved me?
Would your love blossom like a tree?
Do you really need me or do I just dream?
Do you really want me or are things not what they seem?
Am I a fool for loving you more than I hate?
Is it wrong to assume we met by fate?
Did God really make between us this love?
Or did God not give his approval up above?
Do you think of me day or night?
Or am I another chess piece you shift out of your sight?
Are things truly happening the way they are?
Or am I being pushed away because I am below par?
Am I simply jumping to conclusions?
Or are all my insecurities illusions?
An am I asking one too many?
But what I really want to know is in truth can you answer any?
Do you know that for you I care?
Do you understand that I only want to be there?
Kingsley Olaleye Reuben's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Twenty For You by Kingsley Olaleye Reuben )
- Love Me, Love Me, You Just Love Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The sweetest song, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Be logic., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loving Me, Leave Me Not, Desert You Not,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- L'amour est un Triste Caméléon, Hebert Logerie
- स्वप्न, dhirajkumar taksande
- <<< আমি বাংলার পাতি মাষ্টার, Abdul Wahab
- Lost homes, hasmukh amathalal
- A Tiny Island, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God's Kind Of Poetry., Darlene Walsh
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(18 November 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns