Lawrence S. Pertillar
Many of you have pushed me to the edge.
And I have no other recourse but to issue 'ultimatums'.
These are your ultimatums.
'This is not acceptable.
First of all...
This is printed in 10-point Ariel.
And any ultimatums you issue to us,
Has to be in the agreed upon 12-point Veranda.
The heading 'Ultimatums' is off center.
And the margins are not defined.
The highlights are missing.
Plus not one 'bullet' appears for emphasis.
How can we possibly take this seriously,
When your approach is not professional at all.
And upon review,
It is clear you did not use a 14-point italic type.
In the preferred Times New Roman.'
First of all...
Let me make this clear.
This is a draft!
The 'final' Ultimatums
Will include your recommendations!
And I expect them to be adherred!
Is that understood?
Don't you 'yeah' me boy!
'Yes, Coach Warren.'
Now you boys get back on that field!
And produce for this team,
Play like you've got some guts!
You're getting paid enough money,
To do it!
This is 'football'.
Go out there and play.
These fans are paying too much money as it is!
Don't park your Mercedes in my spot again!
I'll have to fine you.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ultimatums by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- All are mine, gajanan mishra
- Our Air, Foster Teegarden
- I wear a sweater now, The Princess
- Morning Triku V, Steve Kittell
- To My Love, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Scrutinized As Being Abusive, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Sting, Foster Teegarden
- Some Ghoul, Foster Teegarden
- the man of christmas, Faith Taylors
- My Description, Foster Teegarden
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)