Umpiring A Competition...... [Poem By Request; Kinda Short; Poem Competition Umpires]
Elyas does progress through competition so well.
Gratitude, for the four umpires, in him does swell.
Doctors Nejati and Rang Avar are the names of two.
And two other nice humans with a good world view.
Elyas was impressed with their humanity concern.
From each other I'm sure they all can more learn.
Dr. Nejati kindly posed some questions to answer.
I bet Elyas handled them like a comfortable dancer.
It would be nice if all contestants could be 'the winner'.
But not winning is not as bad as being a sinner.
I send good luck wishes to my friend Elyas in Iran,
And to the Umpires for doing.....whatever they can.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Umpiring A Competition...... [Poem By Request; Kinda Short; Poem Competition Umpires] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- Pigeon, Foster Teegarden
- Idle mind at rest, hasmukh amathalal
- Against nature, gajanan mishra
- Train, Foster Teegarden
- Inspiration (Haiku), Toshie Nohara
- Rain In Summer, Neela Nath
- Friendship is made by God, gajanan mishra
- Friend, JAMES T. ADAIR
- You'll Never Know, Akhtar Jawad
- Resource less, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley