Understanding the Holy Spirit
When you accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior,
The Holy Spirit is deposited inside of you.
This is the same spirit that heals you.
But, you have to feed this spirit with the word of God.
If you let this spirit go unattended it grows weak.
The Holy Spirit only reaches its peak.
When, you stay in tune with the spirit feeding it with the word of God.
Just as you feed a baby milk,
The spirit inside of you has to be fed with food.
This needs to be understood.
Or you will go through life never feeling renewed.
Some people do not realize their full potential.
Or their exponential,
Growth through the Holy Spirit,
That has no limits.
We can only strengthen the Holy Spirit inside of us by reading and hearing the word of God.
Colossians 2: 5 For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight
To see how disciplined you are and how firm your faith in Christ is.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Understanding the Holy Spirit by Patricia Kelley )
- Sharp Is The Bite, Donald R Charon
- Erato my Muse of love poetry. (Part 2), Erato
- Headache, Foster Teegarden
- Autumn Season, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- mommy, Josephine Taylor
- Friendly Union, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Your Guardian Angel, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Green Iris, Foster Teegarden
- open the jar, you'll see i'm laughing, Mandolyn ...
- My Affair, Mark Webster
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)