Lawrence S. Pertillar
My observations began to collect,
With a reflecting of remembered experiences...
As I adventured into the wilderness,
And with a daring curiosity...
Wherever I placed my own footsteps.
To gather my own beliefs to accept.
Easy it is to sit in denial,
When reality has not yet been visited.
Easy it is to spread from gossip a rumor,
When relying on gossip...
Validates one's existence and approval of others,
Who themselves have not adventured life.
Deceptions and delusions are close relatives.
And conflicts and confusion is the main course,
People addicted crave with a feasting to eat.
Uninformed they are and most likely to protest.
While the ones ostracized to be censored by lies,
Are generally despised because they prefer truth.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Uninformed by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
((13 March 1941 – 9 August 2008)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(03 April 1964)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- A Minor Bird, Robert Frost
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- World vision, Robert Plese
- Falling Fast, Electric Lady
- Afraid, Leong Ming Loong
- Let God spread his sway, hasmukh amathalal
- मिलन ऐसा हो, ओ गोरी, की दुनिया भूल न पाये, Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- RUTHIYA YAAR MAIN KYUON MANAVAN, Om Chawla
- Poisoned, Harley White
- Now let us join hands, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Is It Wrong?, Eugene Latumbo
- The dangers of a selfie, lee fones