Lawrence S. Pertillar
My observations began to collect,
With a reflecting of remembered experiences...
As I adventured into the wilderness,
And with a daring curiosity...
Wherever I placed my own footsteps.
To gather my own beliefs to accept.
Easy it is to sit in denial,
When reality has not yet been visited.
Easy it is to spread from gossip a rumor,
When relying on gossip...
Validates one's existence and approval of others,
Who themselves have not adventured life.
Deceptions and delusions are close relatives.
And conflicts and confusion is the main course,
People addicted crave with a feasting to eat.
Uninformed they are and most likely to protest.
While the ones ostracized to be censored by lies,
Are generally despised because they prefer truth.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Uninformed by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- People of Gaza, Djanna Jaffar
- A Thank You Gift, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New thinking, gajanan mishra
- die paaie gaan joburg toe, BrokenHeartPheko Motaung
- I Have Been Called, Lilly Emery
- Smoke Without Fire, Ejalonibu Abraham
- Weeds and Blooms, Donal Mahoney
- <<<<Twist and turn, Abdul Wahab
- <<<<<my mother land, Abdul Wahab
- Smell of sweat, gajanan mishra