Lawrence S. Pertillar
Uninvited Or Solicited
People who make decisions to go overboard,
At someone else's expense...
Should first ask the person,
If they would give permission to become annoyed.
This action could prevent an anger stemming,
From someone not comprehending...
That a making of decisions that affect someone's life,
May not be a decision someone else should make...
Uninvited or solicited to do so.
And there are those who will never understand,
When to 'butt' out with a keeping of their mouths shut.
For what ever 'that' reason unexplained,
There will always remain those...
Who continue to campaign to inflict their own pain.
Regardless how tremendous the size of the map given,
That directs them to the exit.
Folks like this never get it.
And become offended,
When their assistance is 'belligerently' dismissed.
'You did not have to curse me.'
~Oh yes I did.
You were seeking it.
And from me you sought that delivery.~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Uninvited Or Solicited by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- Oatmeal, Frank Avon
- Blackpool in a gale, sheena blackhall
- Tonight, Frank Avon
- To Eat, or Not to Eat, Frank Avon
- Hot Flashes, Mitzie Holstein
- Late and Soon, Frank Avon
- My Mermaid Muse, Erato
- A Zulu Kingdom, Margaret Alice Second
- Forever Purpurating Lavender, Stephen Warren Williams
- No Reason To Rush, Kewayne Wadley
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- On Raglan Road, Patrick Kavanagh
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)