I tried to become a messenger of love,
And learnt that the whole world has a selfish heart.
I tried to become a spreader of smiles,
And learnt that whole world is a cheat.
I tried to serve people so they may succeed,
And learnt that the whole world considered me a foolish chap.
I tried to fight for the right,
And learnt that the whole world is an unjust critic.
I tried to do good to others,
And the whole world did bad to me.
Had I been selfish, smart and confident,
The whole world would have been kneeling besides me.
Had I concerned myself with only my success and interests,
The whole world would have loved me and become my friend.
The world works in an unjust manner...
Yet we have ti live in it till we live....
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unjust World by Srishti chaplot )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- This World, Sandra Feldman
- Prime Truth - 92, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Gold Star Mother, Charles Hancock
- Oooooohgust, Ferdinand L Quintos
- Prime Truth - 91, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Your Mind, Nicholas Smith
- No matter- if you, gajanan mishra
- How Long iS yOUr List of Shoulds?, Monk E. Biz
- The Love Train Rolls, chug a chug a chuga, Monk E. Biz
- Ill-fated, gajanan mishra