I tried to become a messenger of love,
And learnt that the whole world has a selfish heart.
I tried to become a spreader of smiles,
And learnt that whole world is a cheat.
I tried to serve people so they may succeed,
And learnt that the whole world considered me a foolish chap.
I tried to fight for the right,
And learnt that the whole world is an unjust critic.
I tried to do good to others,
And the whole world did bad to me.
Had I been selfish, smart and confident,
The whole world would have been kneeling besides me.
Had I concerned myself with only my success and interests,
The whole world would have loved me and become my friend.
The world works in an unjust manner...
Yet we have ti live in it till we live....
Srishti chaplot's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unjust World by Srishti chaplot )
- Burning The Letters, Sylvia Plath
- On Edge at Midnight, Kimani wa Mumbi
- Why do we need friends, Bineeta Kharga
- My Body ain't a Lab, it's a Temple. Wors.., Kimani wa Mumbi
- Black Pine Tree In An Orange Light, Sylvia Plath
- treasure and love, sultan mahmud
- Gulliver, Sylvia Plath
- Dare to speak out loud, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- All Were You, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- A Winter Ship, Sylvia Plath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan