My emotions i can no longer defend
this reservation i need to end
I know you call me just friend
but to me you are more.
My heart repeatedly glows
whenever your thoughts in my mind flow
to a crazy world i go.
Every time my eyes on you i set
unto God i make a request
that this proposal be it not a waste
and in your heart's domain i be a subset.
In all my world you are the best,
your presence made nothing the rest
of all the stars you are the brightest
among the best the greatest.
Unto my knee i bow
genuinely and truthfully to ask
your arm to hold upon my hand
let me by your side stand
please don't throw me a blow
on you all my feelings are elevated
with readiness to have you alone.
My palms are empty, but healthy and gifted
and within no time the bareness will ne gone
so be not in wonder.
And if the fist you really have to throw
make it light and slow,
a tough one might terminate me
for you are more to being just a friend to me.
Marbet Daniel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Untitled #3 by Marbet Daniel )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Weaver Of Waves, Saiom Shriver
- THAT PALM-TREE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dune Fringed, Saiom Shriver
- Watery Arms, Saiom Shriver
- Wet With Words, George Egba
- From Chambered Shells, Saiom Shriver
- Blue Starred In The Blue Grass Spring Lu.., mary douglas
- Mist Clothed, Saiom Shriver
- Be A Man, Richard Provencher
- Respecting Autonomy, Saiom Shriver