My emotions i can no longer defend
this reservation i need to end
I know you call me just friend
but to me you are more.
My heart repeatedly glows
whenever your thoughts in my mind flow
to a crazy world i go.
Every time my eyes on you i set
unto God i make a request
that this proposal be it not a waste
and in your heart's domain i be a subset.
In all my world you are the best,
your presence made nothing the rest
of all the stars you are the brightest
among the best the greatest.
Unto my knee i bow
genuinely and truthfully to ask
your arm to hold upon my hand
let me by your side stand
please don't throw me a blow
on you all my feelings are elevated
with readiness to have you alone.
My palms are empty, but healthy and gifted
and within no time the bareness will ne gone
so be not in wonder.
And if the fist you really have to throw
make it light and slow,
a tough one might terminate me
for you are more to being just a friend to me.
Marbet Daniel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Untitled #3 by Marbet Daniel )
- don't ever in public, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Somewhere in time, Mark Heathcote
- The wind brings warning, xeno drone
- My nature is to write, gajanan mishra
- Two Rings, Shannon Paterson
- Dreams Incarnate, Dylan Engelbrecht
- The Rose, Neela Nath
- No one to question, hasmukh amathalal
- She does, hasmukh amathalal
- Multi-dimensional; heavens?, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)