The hurt is killing me inside.
The pain is destroying me alive.
I can’t get rid of those voices
In my head,
They wont shut up,
They keep telling me I should
I sit in the corner
Saying, “Go away,
Leave me alone! ”
Why do I have to be you home?
They don’t leave
But the intensity grows.
Soon enough my frame
Will be stone.
I can’t hide from there terror,
I clench my knees
Hoping the creatures that
Cause the grief to
Don’t see the pain.
“I’m sick of this! ”
I start to run.
I’m standing on the bridge
Now and I pull
Out my gun.
And just before
I wake up and there gone.
And I notice that
This day has yet
Nicole Rawls's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Voices by Nicole Rawls )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Character of a Happy Life, Sir Henry Wotton
Poem of the Day
- Broken Not Forgotten, Melissa Furey
- 2 ReaD A LinE Or 2 - Sh# ThaT they $mOkE.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Past, Sari Mavi
- winter clothes, Eric Ericson
- Sonnet11: 'Whose Mistresses These Are? '.., Pijush Biswas
- Deep in vogue, Stephen Brian Brady
- Deep into the Sea, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Save the girls, gajanan mishra
- Awaiting For Spring, Rimni chakravarty
- Light a fire, gajanan mishra