WAITING FOR THE CRASH
I had no choice when I got on this train,
I was put in my seat by the window.
Enjoying the scenery, I admit it was fun,
and laughed with the other passengers.
On and on, through city and wood
We played games and ate like kings
Night would come, time to sleep
Into our bunks we go.
Without a care, no one was aware
of the danger which lurked ahead
Another train, heading our way
Just a mile or two to go.
When the alarms went off and bells started ringing
Our party quickly ended
Some panicked, some prayed
Some braced for the coming collision.
'I want to get off of this train! ' I hollered
'We can't stop! ' They said in fear
So forcing a smile, I sat back in my chair
and decided just to wait.
Chaarzarul Rockett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WAITING FOR THE CRASH by Chaarzarul Rockett )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Seduce You For The Night, Holly Heron
- I'll Never Be Rich, Edgar Albert Guest
- For The Living, Edgar Albert Guest
- Give Me What You Can, Holly Heron
- Conor's Kid, B.. Alexander
- The journey, Eric Bult
- اكنون تو رفته اى و غزل گريه مى كند, Mehri Mehraban
- Bat 'Bleep', Ima Ryma
- The Path, Aalok Sensharma
- Invitation, Aalok Sensharma