Linda Marie Van Tassell
Waiting For You (Sestina)
The tangled wood reminds me of your hair -
dark like the night and falling in whispers.
Kneeling underneath the sheltering pines,
I sip silence and stroke the memories.
You have long been gone, and I miss your hands,
slipping through the long sleeves of languid love.
Time is a leaf on the branch of our love,
curled in the corners of your chestnut hair
and falling like sand through hourglass hands.
Wind strokes my back and quietly whispers.
Stars float down a dark sky of memories,
their bright pulse like beacons above the pines.
Thus hangs the moon, suspended among pines,
promising brighter days showered with love;
but for now, I live in the memories.
I braid a blue blossom into my hair,
its fragrance wafting like weary whispers,
spider-spun silk in the palm of my hands.
I remember how you captured my hands,
held them within the shadow of the pines,
and kissed them soft as butterfly whispers.
It was then that I knew I was in love,
when you gently stroked the length of my hair,
now curled within the moonlight memories.
Moonlight makes magic of the memories,
within the palms of her shimmering hands,
and she sprinkles starlight throughout my hair.
Initials are carved in one of the pines
within a whimsical heart made with love
and sanctified with undying whispers.
The past unfolds in wandering whispers,
ushered through the gate of my memories.
I write a letter of undying love,
hold it like seeds in the palm of my hands,
and plant it with a kiss beneath the pines
as the wind looses a wisp of my hair.
The pale wings of my love move like whispers,
tangling in your hair like memories
captured within your hands beneath the pines.
Linda Marie Van Tassell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Waiting For You (Sestina) by Linda Marie Van Tassell )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Michael P. McParland
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Meeting Nan, Lynn Anne Brown
- Pantry Of Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Diagrams Of Language, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- So Tired(I Need You), Michael P. McParland
- colour of love, Prince Lartey
- Total Mystery, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- When I Die, Kelly Shanks
- Butterflies, Michael P. McParland
- Buckeye Fever Sweeping Terror Over Thier.., Michael P. McParland
- Breaking Free, Michael P. McParland