cheryl davis miller
As unsettled as water;
and changing as quick.
Amazing how you shift an
alliance so slick.
Someday you'll awaken to
find it is too late.
Those you thought you left; left you
as a reprobate.
Those you have clung to will leave;
you there in the dust.
Then stand and look back with a
sense of raw disgust.
Water seeks its own level;
it's ebbs rise and fall.
You'll soon tire of that puddle
you're water; that's all.
cheryl davis miller's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Water by cheryl davis miller )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Naveed Khalid
(1 January 1903 - 13 March 1976)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Sir Walter Scott
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Ammunition for the Cause, Leila Hadi
- my high school poetry, Leila Hadi
- westnile, Leila Hadi
- With colors, gajanan mishra
- OBITUARY TO INNOCENTS (KILLED SCHOOL CHI.., shuvo chakraborty
- Trees, Leila Hadi
- No Name Necessary, Leila Hadi
- I Dream of Making Films, Md. Ziaul Haque
- I Still Miss You, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Eid, Md. Ziaul Haque