George Pope Morris
Love comes and goes like a spell!
How, no one knows, nor can tell!
Now here--now there--then away!
None dreameth where!--Well-a-day!
Love should be true as the star
Seen in the blue sky afar!--
Not here--now there--like the lay
Of lutes in th' air!--Well-a-day!
Should love depart, not a tie
Binds up the heart till we die!--
Now here--now there--sad we stray
Life is all care!--Well-a-day!
George Pope Morris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Well-A-Day! by George Pope Morris )
- Gigh Anamur n UmaDal, Mohamed Mahou
- -Silent Became My Walking Shadow-, Ali Sabry
- - I Wish You Weren't In-, Ali Sabry
- - Princes Was A Dream Girl Day and Night-, Ali Sabry
- - Hurtful Interaction-, Ali Sabry
- - Please My Lovely Lady Don't Leave Lone.., Ali Sabry
- - My heart loves you -, Ali Sabry
- Floppy, Sidi J. Mahtrow
- -I Do Not Only Loving You-, Ali Sabry
- -How Can I Sleep Honey & I Left You Lone.., Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Woman's Last Word, Robert Browning
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)