George Pope Morris
Love comes and goes like a spell!
How, no one knows, nor can tell!
Now here--now there--then away!
None dreameth where!--Well-a-day!
Love should be true as the star
Seen in the blue sky afar!--
Not here--now there--like the lay
Of lutes in th' air!--Well-a-day!
Should love depart, not a tie
Binds up the heart till we die!--
Now here--now there--sad we stray
Life is all care!--Well-a-day!
George Pope Morris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Well-A-Day! by George Pope Morris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Bloodlust, Stephen Brian Brady
- The Persians at Salamis, Stephen Brian Brady
- My Daughter, My Daughter, I Know It They.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On A Kiss, Sambanath Denis
- Mechanical Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Life on the edge, Stephen Brian Brady
- The Miracle in a Poem, Sandra Feldman
- Angels Come, Sambanath Denis
- love for jezebel, ademola oluwabusayo
- Process Of Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak