What A Shame
You called me complex one afternoon and it has
stayed like the stars and moon in the sky.
You said you did your best to understand but you
You made the illusion that all was well and right
then found comfort in taking them down one by one.
You made me feel the rain on my skin then with a
hash hand you keep me out so the rain seep in.
You gave your word that the world was good and
nothing would chill the air.
But all i see are demons running around looking for
You said i should not hide that it just was not good
that i should stand and win th war.
But which war do i win and you've forgotten to
give me that shelled you also led the wolf to my
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What A Shame by maria goodison )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Mystery of poem, gajanan mishra
- Dramatization, Kewayne Wadley
- The Maddening Dance, Tony Adah
- Alternative Prayer, Phil Soar
- I appear, gajanan mishra
- Young Wife's Longing, Paul Sebastian
- Ants Crawling, Naveed Akram
- applying online, lee fones
- Stay not away, gajanan mishra
- Ah! Little Woodlouse - Are You Unreal?, Brian P FitzGerald