Lawrence S. Pertillar
What Everyone Else Has Done
It has to be admitted,
People disgruntled can gather quickly...
To decide amongst themselves whomever they wish,
To successfully dismiss.
And after doing this begin to solicit those better qualified.
With verifiable actions done that appeases to please everyone.
As discovery reveals as it always does,
Those people they decided to quickly dismiss...
Were the ones who produced and did not take time to gossip.
With a doing to achieve.
Regardless who perceived their deeds did not please.
What is it we do to approve the next step?
All we've done was gossip.
And I confess I did that best.'
~There's got to be someone left,
We can scrutinize to eventually despise.
And someone willing to get their neck chopped off.~
'But no one like that is part of our clique.
No one like that is left to exist.
Who got us into to trifling dilemma in the first place? '
~Don't call it 'trifling'!
We are just exercising our options.~
'Why are you looking at me?
I am a follower.
Haven't I done what everyone has done AND faithfully? '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Everyone Else Has Done by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Your Initiative, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- To Want With Wishes It More Lived, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Your Kept Best, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ROUND AND ROUND, Peter LeBuhn
- God's Gift To You!, Denis Martindale
- Voices, stephen awuni
- Cost Less, stephen awuni
- My Past Governs Me, Ian Paisnel
- Mind's Heart, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unrest Soul: Imperfection, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)