Lawrence S. Pertillar
What Everyone Else Has Done
It has to be admitted,
People disgruntled can gather quickly...
To decide amongst themselves whomever they wish,
To successfully dismiss.
And after doing this begin to solicit those better qualified.
With verifiable actions done that appeases to please everyone.
As discovery reveals as it always does,
Those people they decided to quickly dismiss...
Were the ones who produced and did not take time to gossip.
With a doing to achieve.
Regardless who perceived their deeds did not please.
What is it we do to approve the next step?
All we've done was gossip.
And I confess I did that best.'
~There's got to be someone left,
We can scrutinize to eventually despise.
And someone willing to get their neck chopped off.~
'But no one like that is part of our clique.
No one like that is left to exist.
Who got us into to trifling dilemma in the first place? '
~Don't call it 'trifling'!
We are just exercising our options.~
'Why are you looking at me?
I am a follower.
Haven't I done what everyone has done AND faithfully? '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Everyone Else Has Done by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Copy Paper, Edgar Albert Guest
- Autumn Evenings, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Lost Purse, Edgar Albert Guest
- Mother's Party Dress, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Comedian, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Evening Prayer, Edgar Albert Guest
- Thoughts Of A Father, Edgar Albert Guest
- His Dog, Edgar Albert Guest
- Living Flowers, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Old Timer Pallas'Cat - Lincoln Park .., Ima Ryma