Lawrence S. Pertillar
What Everyone Else Has Done
It has to be admitted,
People disgruntled can gather quickly...
To decide amongst themselves whomever they wish,
To successfully dismiss.
And after doing this begin to solicit those better qualified.
With verifiable actions done that appeases to please everyone.
As discovery reveals as it always does,
Those people they decided to quickly dismiss...
Were the ones who produced and did not take time to gossip.
With a doing to achieve.
Regardless who perceived their deeds did not please.
What is it we do to approve the next step?
All we've done was gossip.
And I confess I did that best.'
~There's got to be someone left,
We can scrutinize to eventually despise.
And someone willing to get their neck chopped off.~
'But no one like that is part of our clique.
No one like that is left to exist.
Who got us into to trifling dilemma in the first place? '
~Don't call it 'trifling'!
We are just exercising our options.~
'Why are you looking at me?
I am a follower.
Haven't I done what everyone has done AND faithfully? '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Everyone Else Has Done by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- Dandelion Dreams, Richard D. Remler
- गोजाननि खौरां, Ronjoy Brahma
- Let us believe, hasmukh amathalal
- Christmas Again, Katherine Nordhaus
- Money, Katherine Nordhaus
- Older, Frank Avon
- A question to seasons, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Languid leman, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Tweet-tweet! I Visited a Hamlet with a G.., Harindhar Reddy
- PURITY OF SNOW., Terry Collett
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)