What I could and could not
I couldn't see, but I could hear...
I couldn't touch, but I could feel...
I couldn't walk, but I traveled...
I couldn't eat, but was never hungry...
I couldn't care, but I could cry...
I could smerk and I could sigh...
But I could never wake,
But would also never die...
I was by myself, but never lonely...
This is what it is like in the dark of the daytime light...
Alexandra Greif's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What I could and could not by Alexandra Greif )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Precipice, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Striped Goodness Of The Candy Cane C.., mary douglas
- Where my soul resides like a flightless .., Mark Heathcote
- The Poets Behold From Heaven Their Words.., mary douglas
- The New Life: Fourth Stage for Marie, Daniel Brick
- LOVING, bill costley
- A Prayer For The Unsuspecting, mary douglas
- Another Shop On The Street With Mary Pop.., mary douglas
- Is All That Matters Then, Rohit Sapra
- Librarian, Nassy Fesharaki