As you watch the world unfold around us edge closer and closer to the cliff
A host of questions come to mind all beginning with, ‘What if...'
What if we didn't think of one another as foe or enemy
What if, instead of fighting one another we fought together to be free
What if we hugged and kissed one another, like family members do
What if we danced and played together no matter what our views.
What if we sat and talked and walked and consoled each other's tears
What if we listened to one another and shared our laughter and our fears.
What if we realized everyone is beautiful, every sister, every brother
What if we finally understood how we complemented one another.
What if we don't do anything and the world as we know it falls off that cliff
As we're falling to our doom will we wonder then...what if...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What If... by Jim Yerman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- See if I care, Mark Heathcote
- Wishes Granted, Bill Cantrell
- Killer instinct mind, Mark Heathcote
- Book Condition: (Fairest of the) Fair, mary douglas
- It's The Fairy Queen Out Of Sight In Pal.., mary douglas
- *VII*- To Love, Leslie Guylee Cron
- Every Man Remembered!, Denis Martindale
- White Frosted Cake Viewed At Ages 6 and 7, mary douglas
- Imprimatura, mary douglas
- What Catfish Is For - Meditation In Caro.., Warren Falcon