As you watch the world unfold around us edge closer and closer to the cliff
A host of questions come to mind all beginning with, ‘What if...'
What if we didn't think of one another as foe or enemy
What if, instead of fighting one another we fought together to be free
What if we hugged and kissed one another, like family members do
What if we danced and played together no matter what our views.
What if we sat and talked and walked and consoled each other's tears
What if we listened to one another and shared our laughter and our fears.
What if we realized everyone is beautiful, every sister, every brother
What if we finally understood how we complemented one another.
What if we don't do anything and the world as we know it falls off that cliff
As we're falling to our doom will we wonder then...what if...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What If... by Jim Yerman )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Against my empty soul, Bee Kilpatrick
- Which One Do I Choose?, Julie Johnson
- Beautiful Madness, Steven Rhoads
- I am a poet, Julie Johnson
- Life of War, Steven Rhoads
- Do It Well, Babatunde Aremu
- So Tired, Frank Lindquist
- BHARAT KE VEER, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Memories of river., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Life musings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..