As you watch the world unfold around us edge closer and closer to the cliff
A host of questions come to mind all beginning with, ‘What if...'
What if we didn't think of one another as foe or enemy
What if, instead of fighting one another we fought together to be free
What if we hugged and kissed one another, like family members do
What if we danced and played together no matter what our views.
What if we sat and talked and walked and consoled each other's tears
What if we listened to one another and shared our laughter and our fears.
What if we realized everyone is beautiful, every sister, every brother
What if we finally understood how we complemented one another.
What if we don't do anything and the world as we know it falls off that cliff
As we're falling to our doom will we wonder then...what if...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What If... by Jim Yerman )
- The Fallen Protester's Song, Mohja Kahf
- As Aid To Life....., Michael P. Johnson
- God Chose Israel....., Michael P. Johnson
- Nature Regarding....., Michael P. Johnson
- Wow Suddenly! ! ! ....., Michael P. Johnson
- Wonder World, Sentamu Aziz
- Where Do You Think To Be....., Michael P. Johnson
- Who To Blame, Sentamu Aziz
- The Girl of My Dreams, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Ocean of Dreams, Bill Cantrell
Poem of the Day
- Nettles, Vernon Scannell
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet 14 - If thou must love me, let it.., Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY, Vivek Tiwari
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)