Onalethuso Petruss Ntema
What if? (pt.3)
What if there was no family?
would there still be marriage?
what if there was no marriage?
would there still be divorce?
what if there was no trust?
would there still be infidelity?
would there still be separation?
would there still be custody
or maintenance of minors?
what if there was no laughter?
would you know the coming after?
would there still be a matter?
wouldn't there be a culture?
what if there was no class?
would there still be inequality?
what if you never existed?
would it still be necessary
to mention you among
figures of the dead?
what if you die today?
would you, die?
what if there was no passion?
would there still be patience?
what there was no leaders?
would there still be dinners?
what if there was no bible?
would there still be sinners?
poem: 'what if? ' (pt.3)
book: 'google eyes'
year: april 2013
book no.4 of 2013
Onalethuso Petruss Ntema's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (What if? (pt.3) by Onalethuso Petruss Ntema )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- The Night Glorious Light, Michael P. McParland
- Dream Number 3 (hope), Smoky Hoss
- The Mist, Michael P. McParland
- Her Voice, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- Let me count War a divine curse, Pijush Biswas
- The Land, Michael P. McParland
- The King, Michael P. McParland
- Envisage Belongings, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Die of Thousands Deaths, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Provocation! ! !, george albot