Lawrence S. Pertillar
What is It That You 'Do'?
Having an identity and keeping it real,
Is always interpreted as a false representation...
Amongst those who have never chosen,
To be themselves...
But a résumé to recite,
When being introduced to others.
And what is it that you 'do'? '
~I live as a blessed and grateful human being.
Adventuring life and exploring my interests.
And you? ~
I have a BA degree and I am working towards,
I am hoping one day to obtain my Doctorate's.'
What is it that you 'do'?
For you and others to share?
Other than try to be impressive?
What are your interests?
Other than confessing.
Pretentions to address.~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What is It That You 'Do'? by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Dark October Skies, Lilly Emery
- In den vreemde, Madrason writer
- SOLVING THE OLD CONUNDRUM THAT ASKS WHIC.., Nicholas Campbell
- Does He Tell Her About Me?, Emma R. Kessler
- Evil's ugly makers, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- LOVE, Nicholas Campbell
- I'm So Lonely, Emma R. Kessler
- THE KING, Nicholas Campbell
- Fair Exchange?, John F. McCullagh
- When I Lost You, Emma R. Kessler
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)