Lawrence S. Pertillar
What is It That You 'Do'?
Having an identity and keeping it real,
Is always interpreted as a false representation...
Amongst those who have never chosen,
To be themselves...
But a résumé to recite,
When being introduced to others.
And what is it that you 'do'? '
~I live as a blessed and grateful human being.
Adventuring life and exploring my interests.
And you? ~
I have a BA degree and I am working towards,
I am hoping one day to obtain my Doctorate's.'
What is it that you 'do'?
For you and others to share?
Other than try to be impressive?
What are your interests?
Other than confessing.
Pretentions to address.~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What is It That You 'Do'? by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Carolyn Ford Witt
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
Poem of the Day
- Needed Sleep, Michael P. McParland
- Needed, Michael P. McParland
- Need To Know, Michael P. McParland
- Need, Michael P. McParland
- Where Did I go wrong, Poetic Lilly Emery
- A Universal Gift, Sandra Feldman
- The Constant Factor, Steve Kittell
- The Life Doesn't Stop for Me., Jiya Acharya
- Somewhere In Fantasy Land Hazel Icefrost, Heather Burns
- Beats of the New City., Jiya Acharya