What is Love?
WHAT IS LOVE?
FOR THE HEART: IT MAY BE 'A TWINGE OF A TWANG'
'A CLING OR A CLANG'
A STAB OR A THROB'
FOR THE SELF: IT MAY BE 'A PSYCHOLOGICAL MOOD
OR A SPIRITUA L FOOD'
'A SUDDEN FEVER THAT TAKES OVER
OR AN SOS SIGNAL THAT THE EGO MIGHT DISAPPEAR'
FOR THE EXISTENCE: IT MAY BE ' A WOUND IN BEING'S HEART
FROM WHICH YOU NEVER RECOVER
OR THE NATURE'S MYSTERIOUS WAY
FOR TWO BEINGS TO BEGIN TO DISCOVER'
FOR THE LOVERS: IT MAY BE
'WHERE THE MYSTERY OF THEIR BEING IS HIDDEN
OR THE SAVORING OF AN ECSTATIC EXPERIENCE
WHICH IS NO MORE FORBIDDEN'
FOR THE LIFE: IT MAY BE
'A UNISON OF TWO SOULS WHO WILL BE EQUAL PARTNERS
IN LIFE'S SORROWS, JOYS AND FIGHTS
OR A REMINDER NOT TO GET ATTACHED TO ANYTHING MATERIAL
WHILE TAKING IN EVERYONE OF WORLD'S DELIGHTS'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What is Love? by Demarcus Walker )
- Cold hearts, Over The Moon
- All I want is a friendship, Alice Cordy
- Many Mistakes, Michael McParland
- Happy 18th Birthday, Alice Cordy
- Above the Storm, Alice Cordy
- a rainy day@ kidapawan, RIC S. BASTASA
- Provocation, Over The Moon
- Be patient, hasmukh amathalal
- memory lane@tabon, RIC S. BASTASA
- dawn i know, in deep understanding shall.., RIC S. BASTASA
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 March 1941 -)