that young smart girl
What older people say of love
I never knew why people thought love was so great,
They said I would understand some day.
I didn't say I wouldn't because big kids also said so...
But in the end I gave up hope.
I thought nobody loved me and nobody cared,
Until I met my best friend with his really crazy hair.
He always made me happy
And he always made me smile,
He was always here for me,
And showed me he that he was there but called me a bro which brought a big scare.
I was just a best friend that he loved like a bro,
Only an amigo,
Until one day he kissed me and said he'll never let me go,
And so now I see what they say of love and how it makes you happy.
Because I love my best friend,
And he loves me.
that young smart girl's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What older people say of love by that young smart girl )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Share This Space, Jon M. Nelson
- Rain at Reading, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- A Special Mother, Kripa Bhardwaj
- Fallen Soldier Table, Jon M. Nelson
- Meteors, Ronald Chapman
- Snake-fire, gajanan mishra
- On Leaving the Bachelorette Brunch, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- tRyiNg 2 right 1 $eN10s i MiGht UnDerStand, sEaN nOrTh
- Love and Work, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Artistic Need For Suffering, Kyle Schlicher