that young smart girl
What older people say of love
I never knew why people thought love was so great,
They said I would understand some day.
I didn't say I wouldn't because big kids also said so...
But in the end I gave up hope.
I thought nobody loved me and nobody cared,
Until I met my best friend with his really crazy hair.
He always made me happy
And he always made me smile,
He was always here for me,
And showed me he that he was there but called me a bro which brought a big scare.
I was just a best friend that he loved like a bro,
Only an amigo,
Until one day he kissed me and said he'll never let me go,
And so now I see what they say of love and how it makes you happy.
Because I love my best friend,
And he loves me.
that young smart girl's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What older people say of love by that young smart girl )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(13 January 1957)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Naomi Shihab Nye
(12 March 1952)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- What Does It Matter, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Villanelle: Wander not into a land where.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- He Has Always Been Inside Us, Merton Lee
- Rock Hard Passion, Michael P. McParland
- Right Now, Michael P. McParland
- Love will find me, Lilly Emerson Brayfield
- Rest Your Head (On My Chest), Michael P. McParland
- Rest Your Head, Michael P. McParland
- Behind Closed Doors Once Again, Electric Lady
- Haiku After Sunrise, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes