what was there in that body
What was there in those eyes; that drowned me in an
ocean of uncontrollable ecstasy?
What was there in those lips; that made me stare in
spell bound consternation for marathon hours on the
What was there in those feet; that made me swoon in a
bedraggled heap on the ground?
What was there in those hands; that made me long for a
caress that could last till eternity?
What was there in that nose; that made me crave for
oceans of moist breath taking me unaware in their
What was there in that voice; that made me wholesomely
oblivious to the passing of time?
What was there in that palm; that made me see my
destiny explicitly in its mystical lines?
What was there in those fingers; that flooded my mouth
with a taste more sweeter than the wildest of nectar?
What was there in that neck; that made me feel
incredibly lost even in the sedative solitude of the
What was there in those ears; that made me dream like
a prince even though I was poor?
What was there in that tongue; that made me remain
thirsty even under blistering heat of sun and
What was there in those teeth; that made me perceive
night and day about the enchantment in smile?
What was there in those eyelashes; that made me hide
my reflection within; even in the most tumultuous of
What was there in that chest; that made me go berserk
every unleashing minute for an everlasting embrace?
What was there in those nails; that made me shiver
like an infant even in scorching heat of summer?
What was there in that belly; that made me trip head
on the mud; even while I was walking in spiked shoes?
What was there in those hair; that strangulated my
throat; made me gasp for air with every contraction of
What was there in that blood; that made my pulse race
a million times faster each time I felt it running
through the veins?
And what was there in that body; that propelled me to
love each time I saw it; that triggered my existence
till date today; and for many more generations to
Nikhil Parekh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (what was there in that body by Nikhil Parekh )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Moment Of Happiness, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Death Be Not Proud, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Where Did I go wrong, Poetic Lilly Emery
- A Universal Gift, Sandra Feldman
- The Constant Factor, Steve Kittell
- The Life Doesn't Stop for Me., Jiya Acharya
- Somewhere In Fantasy Land Hazel Icefrost, Heather Burns
- Beats of the New City., Jiya Acharya
- Somewhere In Fantasy Land A Wedding, Heather Burns
- Somewhere In Fatasy Land Bracken Elfshi.., Heather Burns
- Happy New Year!, Tushar Ray
- This Is Hell, Paula Glynn