When A Friend
When a friend drinks
When a friend bleeds,
Do not freak out.
When a friend takes a puff
Or says sex just wasn't enough,
Do not sit there and pout.
When a friend gets really high
When a friend is about to die,
Do not leave their frikken side.
When a friend is drunk
When a friend gets fucked,
Don't leave them, be there.
When a friend starves
When a friend barfs,
Let them know you care.
When a friend needs you there
When a friend says their scared,
Go see them, and just be with them.
When a friend gets abused
When a friend has just been used,
Hug them and say it'll okay, offer help.
When you're getting torn down
But a friend has a very long frown,
Be happy so that you can cheer them up.
Dont become a mess,
You're life will only get worse.
If you need more advice
I shall suffice,
Just talk to me, or call.
Kelsey Joe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When A Friend by Kelsey Joe )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(September 16, 1925 – August 22, 2011)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Bright Star, John Keats
Poem of the Day
- Paddy Murphy Is Fred Astaire, Donal Mahoney
- Forgiveness, Eugene Latumbo
- Wrapping Paper, Bows, and You, Nika McGuin
- The imperfect world, Cyrus Shaftang
- Marriage, Marlin Nightingale
- Ruins الاطلال, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Your eyes, Leong Ming Loong
- Studentship., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Knowing the Truth, Nika McGuin
- I write, Nassy Fesharaki