When I'm Alone I Think Of You (SONG)
When I'm alone I think of you,
My heart is pounding like a drum.
Alone, inside the silent hours,
will peace and stillness ever come?
I taste the beauty of each flower,
the thoughts of tenderness undone.
The longings of a heart inspired
like the silence of a drum.
When two hearts gently beat together,
and love has finally succumbed,
I taste the beauty of our meeting
and in that moment we are one.
Melek Yuzlu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When I'm Alone I Think Of You (SONG) by Melek Yuzlu )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)