When You Least Expect It
Knock-kneed Nell had stories to tell
About all the sights she'd seen.
That sexy sway began her day....
Thinking how things could have been.
'I'll not condone a herringbone
For the price you want to pay!
Be off down the alley, old fool!
But, one man decided to stay.
Nell clawed like a cat, hissed, and spat.
The man stood his ground, and laughed.
'We'll take this to the marriage vows!
Clean my house, and cook my food!
In the marriage bed you can sass! '
elysabeth faslund's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When You Least Expect It by elysabeth faslund )
- Let us try, gajanan mishra
- An Ode to a Salmon, Athena Hood
- नागिरो, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Inner Solitude, Neela Nath
- I Don't Know, Akhtar Jawad
- My Sentimental Diversity, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Poetry, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Emerge.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Mirror, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Chasing True Dream, Mark Nixon Legaspi
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)