When You Least Expect It
Knock-kneed Nell had stories to tell
About all the sights she'd seen.
That sexy sway began her day....
Thinking how things could have been.
'I'll not condone a herringbone
For the price you want to pay!
Be off down the alley, old fool!
But, one man decided to stay.
Nell clawed like a cat, hissed, and spat.
The man stood his ground, and laughed.
'We'll take this to the marriage vows!
Clean my house, and cook my food!
In the marriage bed you can sass! '
elysabeth faslund's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When You Least Expect It by elysabeth faslund )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Love You, K.J. Jackson
- Who What Went Where Why How, Proud SugarBoe
- My Salvation, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Handsome Guys And Crocodiles, Margaret Alice Second
- Blue!, Ronald Chapman
- A Mistake, Morgan Michaels
- Cold Dreams, Ronald Chapman
- THE WAILING STRIP, Mohamed Yussuf
- Cold Days, Ronald Chapman
- Clouds, Ronald Chapman