WHEN YOU WISH....
When You Wish....
When the love of my life left us
And wrote us out of her script
She left her family sad and hurting
And me emotionally ripped.
I spent the days in contemplation
Sifting through the all years
Until comes night with lack of light
When shadows can hide the tears.
To find a little glimmer
Of reconcilable hope
I consulted first the guidance
Of my daily horoscope.
I asked a toy 'Magic Eight Ball'
And turned it over for it's say
The answer in the window showed
'It's Certain', 'Unclear' or 'No Way! '
I tried to use a Ouija board
To get an answer true.
Problem with my using one
To use it, it takes two.
I have a best friend, a physic
An expert with decks of Tarot
Will there be a return of my beloved?
But her cards could not show.
There's a website that grants real wishes,
And to me that sounded great!
To make them come true one must
Comply with the magic power of '8'.
Write an '8' upon a card and
Then show it to the moon.
Recite your wish specifically
And It will come true soon.
I drew an '8' most carefully
And to this I shall attest
After showing it to the moon
The moon was not impressed.
I guess there is no real 'Secret'
For it is my found contention
For no matter how hard I tried
There is no 'Power of Intention'
All I wanted was a solution and
For this I was willing to do my part
But no matter what I tried I found
That only God can change ones heart.
Edward Iacona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WHEN YOU WISH.... by Edward Iacona )
- The new and ugly SaykesPeko, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dear Daughter, Dean Meredith
- That ugly frustration, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dorian Gray, Nassy Fesharaki
- Reality Is, Esther Thornburg
- Our days are clearly well-known, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life, samuel sannoh
- Blind, Blind, Naveed Khalid
- A ripple's life, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- What is this world of ours ماهذا العالم .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)