WHEN YOU WISH....
When You Wish....
When the love of my life left us
And wrote us out of her script
She left her family sad and hurting
And me emotionally ripped.
I spent the days in contemplation
Sifting through the all years
Until comes night with lack of light
When shadows can hide the tears.
To find a little glimmer
Of reconcilable hope
I consulted first the guidance
Of my daily horoscope.
I asked a toy 'Magic Eight Ball'
And turned it over for it's say
The answer in the window showed
'It's Certain', 'Unclear' or 'No Way! '
I tried to use a Ouija board
To get an answer true.
Problem with my using one
To use it, it takes two.
I have a best friend, a physic
An expert with decks of Tarot
Will there be a return of my beloved?
But her cards could not show.
There's a website that grants real wishes,
And to me that sounded great!
To make them come true one must
Comply with the magic power of '8'.
Write an '8' upon a card and
Then show it to the moon.
Recite your wish specifically
And It will come true soon.
I drew an '8' most carefully
And to this I shall attest
After showing it to the moon
The moon was not impressed.
I guess there is no real 'Secret'
For it is my found contention
For no matter how hard I tried
There is no 'Power of Intention'
All I wanted was a solution and
For this I was willing to do my part
But no matter what I tried I found
That only God can change ones heart.
Edward Iacona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WHEN YOU WISH.... by Edward Iacona )
- Alone in March, James Anthony Creamer
- Marshmallow Bombs, James Anthony Creamer
- Under The Sea, James Anthony Creamer
- To Adapt, Cigeng Zhang
- Red of Day, Blue of Night, James Anthony Creamer
- Dreaming of Royalty, James Anthony Creamer
- Unknown Realms, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Act of plagiarism, Aftab Alam
- Chadjeordie, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Miss Fatma, Ali Nawroz
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Flower, Rabindranath Tagore
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)