Where Is My Family At?
I sit at home by myself,
I think of days gone by,
Of family members who left me,
Then I begin to cry.
I repent unto Jesus,
I'm not suppose to look back,
I feel so lonely now and then,
But where is my family at?
I hear a soft still voice,
My son Franklin try to understand,
Your family is not behind you,
But waiting in the promise land.
Behind you is a thing called past,
Where nothing exist at all,
You think of days gone from you,
Events in time do you recall.
Trust in me my little one,
Never let go of my hand,
I am leading you to your family,
Over in my promised land.
Never a tear in there eyes,
Happy smiles for ever more,
Hold my hand, it will not be long,
We will arrive on Heavens shore.
Franklin Spriggs's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Where Is My Family At? by Franklin Spriggs )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Little Idol, Tosin Abegunde
- Her Life Runs Like a Red Silk Flag, Bruce Weigl
- A Ride To Forever, Faraj Nyandiko
- Elegy for Peter, Bruce Weigl
- parental guidance unfin, lee fones
- Missing of the Birds, Michael Lee Johnson
- Schizophrenia Night, Michael Lee Johnson
- late night vision, Gulsher john
- Rod-Strokes Survival, With a Deadly Hamm.., Michael Lee Johnson
- Kissing The Egg Shells of Dead Babies, A.j. Binash