Where Is My Family At?
I sit at home by myself,
I think of days gone by,
Of family members who left me,
Then I begin to cry.
I repent unto Jesus,
I'm not suppose to look back,
I feel so lonely now and then,
But where is my family at?
I hear a soft still voice,
My son Franklin try to understand,
Your family is not behind you,
But waiting in the promise land.
Behind you is a thing called past,
Where nothing exist at all,
You think of days gone from you,
Events in time do you recall.
Trust in me my little one,
Never let go of my hand,
I am leading you to your family,
Over in my promised land.
Never a tear in there eyes,
Happy smiles for ever more,
Hold my hand, it will not be long,
We will arrive on Heavens shore.
Franklin Spriggs's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Where Is My Family At? by Franklin Spriggs )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Poem of the Day
- Something They Couldn't Steal Away, Spiritwind Wood
- Sweet Sighs, Leria Hawkins
- Goodnight Sweet Kira 3, Michael P. McParland
- The Origin of Words, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Prerna, Inspiration/ A Cup of Coffee .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Villain I, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I.H.Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Crying Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- Ballad Of A Mothers Love, Kewayne Wadley
- Terrorist, Kewayne Wadley