Where is My House
Does a house make a home or does the edifice stand alone; do people constitute a home, as a residence with the evidence of a house is a home.
Humanity has built cathedrals in which to worship their God; forgetting their promise that their reliance is on God, and yet we are purchasing insurance for the blessed assurance our portfolios will give us care if we wisely invest in their share.
Trapped in the paradigm that we refuse to resign remiss of God's design; "Heaven is My throne and earth is My footstool but where is the house that you will build Me? "
Where is My place of rest so I can invest, for all these things exists; My hand has made providence and all these things exist in abundance in the nest of your heart.
A philosophy not easily understood nor given a chance for the Lord to enhance our standard of finance; our works may have been born by works of coercion, a failure to build Him His house an excursion to a residence that lives only in our hearts, that is the house we are to build as a place of a rest used as a nest where the finest love transcends as a dove.
Reliance on your gifts that sift through one's mind in the realm of bargaining for God's favor is where the salt has lost its savor.
Giving to get, is a house built in delusion an abomination that has invaded the minds of administration of thought with battles to be fought; for our Lord has cease to honor because when He called no one answered; when He spoke no one heard; all one has is the Lord's vacated words because the house was built on a weak foundation; without the relation of the love for a house born of one's heart to give without a condition is the place where we build his house void of one's expectation.
Terrance Tracy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Where is My House by Terrance Tracy )
- Will You Read My Poem, Sir?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Repair a net, Trong Phan
- Jayanta Mahahpatra As An Image-maker, A .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- hindi haiku ghazal chaand, S.D. TIWARI
- Who Really Cares? Does Anything Matter?, Mr. Nobody
- Jashn manaao, Aftab Alam
- Poetry Is Where You Find It X, Frank Avon
- Happiness Is..., Arno Le Roux
- I Never Travelled Alone, Akhtar Jawad
- Wholesomeness To Thirst, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)