Where is love, not in a Valentine card
A red rose or a ring
Appealing perhaps to the emotionally scarred
Where is love, not a sonnet sweetly read
Great sex or 'touchy- feely' time
Dinner for two, satin sheets on a bed
Nor sickly verse, that's nursery rhyme.
No, love is waking on a grey morning
Pushing her in her chair
What a stroke of bad luck that left her speechless
Thank God that her man is there.
And love is pensioners holding hands
A tea dance just for two
Scratched 78's and Dorsey's band
And a kiss that's still brand new.
Amore in dance steps arthritic
Would melt the heart of any critic.
Yes, love is a painting on a fridge door
Or her locket when he went to war
Kissing her better from a cancer scare
Reading his love letters candlelit in a chair
A family huddle, a toddler's cuddle
A Grandmother's smile
All much more my style.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Where's Love by Kevin East )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Poem of the Day
- Open the floodgate.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- A Dream Of Death,, Luo Zhihai
- Feeling Your Spirit, Michael P. McParland
- Word, Birgitta Heikka
- Ganjaraja And His Associates/Ganjaraja W.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Royal Presidio Chapel, Monterey California, Steven Federle
- the apple of my I, Prophmatt . . .
- And Then There Was Love, Sandra Feldman
- Sigh, Erwick Brandon
- Marwari Businessman Father-in-law Want I.., Bijay Kant Dubey