Patrick William Kavanagh
Whispers In The Early Morning Hours
Whispers in the early morning hours,
Soft as petals falling on the dewy grass,
I lay upon the cool, damp earth,
Eyes closed, I feel the rising sun,
the Earth and I are one,
And peace is mine at last.
No more the taunting, haunting echoes of the past,
I will honour all that was, and say goodbye.
No more the clinging ivy of those distant days,
I feel them fading like the summer haze,
when evening falls, and spreads the mantle of the night.
Then I will gently call and say goodnight
to all my tears and all my fears.
The goddess calls me softly to her side,
And I will sleep in peace this night.
The days will flow and happy times will come and go.
It is the way of life.
And I will live in gratitude for all I have and all that was,
and though I never will forget,
I'll take the time each day, to count the many blessings I have known,
and When my time has past, and I must leave this life,
There will be no regret,
I will think of all those lovely people who have shared my life,
And I will rest in peace.
Patrick William Kavanagh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Barnetby Le Wold
Comments about this poem (Whispers In The Early Morning Hours by Patrick William Kavanagh )
- Picasso, Frank Avon
- A Dream, Steve Kittell
- Waiting on my time, Gypsy Pain
- Mohabbat kaamil ho gayi, Ahatisham Alam
- Single Dad, louis rams
- A Victim of Love?, Mr. Nobody
- The Ugly Brother, Von Kimball Barney
- Khwaabon ki Haqikat, Ahatisham Alam
- THE BIRTH LAND, Abhishek Kumar Singh
- Hame Rone ki aadat pad gai, Ahatisham Alam
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)