Patrick William Kavanagh
Whispers In The Early Morning Hours
Whispers in the early morning hours,
Soft as petals falling on the dewy grass,
I lay upon the cool, damp earth,
Eyes closed, I feel the rising sun,
the Earth and I are one,
And peace is mine at last.
No more the taunting, haunting echoes of the past,
I will honour all that was, and say goodbye.
No more the clinging ivy of those distant days,
I feel them fading like the summer haze,
when evening falls, and spreads the mantle of the night.
Then I will gently call and say goodnight
to all my tears and all my fears.
The goddess calls me softly to her side,
And I will sleep in peace this night.
The days will flow and happy times will come and go.
It is the way of life.
And I will live in gratitude for all I have and all that was,
and though I never will forget,
I'll take the time each day, to count the many blessings I have known,
and When my time has past, and I must leave this life,
There will be no regret,
I will think of all those lovely people who have shared my life,
And I will rest in peace.
Patrick William Kavanagh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Barnetby Le Wold
Comments about this poem (Whispers In The Early Morning Hours by Patrick William Kavanagh )
- Surya, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Three ceremonies, Aftab Alam
- A Flight, Amitava Sur
- Insulted poet, douglas scotney
- Like attracts like, gajanan mishra
- Toad of my Pocket, Kelly Zion
- On A Mountain, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Village song, Tony Adah
- It is best, hasmukh amathalal
- World Of Poetry, Savita Tyagi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(3rd April 19sixty)