Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)
Who Are The Real War Profiteers?
it is hard to understand
why some internationally esteemed
join the crusade
to slay the voices
Why slay the peace makers?
Why slay peace protesters?
Why slay anti-war demonstrators?
once war was only small time
a million dollar a minute industry
war has grown up since then
corporations producing weapons
of war now flex more corporate muscles
in policies silencing exterminating
bothersome peace protesters
swatting peace protesters like flies
are nations built on war profits
some innocently build state weapons?
nationalistic weapons of mass destruction
some merely promote weapons sales?
some are Lords Of War gun runners arms dealers
armies are promoted as hero savior soldiers?
patriotic heroes who pull triggers push buttons
war profiteers are not just weapons designers
inventors of weapons key industry producers
war profiteers are also advertising managers
reaping in advertising cash revenues
lucrative profitable worthwhile deals
benefits of political spin promoting wars
owners of media innocently sit back team smiles
board policy toasted piling up latest pro war profits
is good for all untraceable billionaire bank balances
But who really supports
justifies war profiteers?
Is it not people people?
more than their
people who do not
give up their fair share?
Who really hates slays
peace makers peace protestors?
War mongers guarding stolen stashes?
Observe this world
is a dangerous heartless
place because of evil?
Because of sowers
of dark starker evil deeds
or because of innocent
who look on insulated
in protest do nothing?
Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Are The Real War Profiteers? by Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light) )
- My Bird, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Two Thumbs Up., Harold R Hunt Sr
- A basket سلة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The pond, Harold R Hunt Sr
- All We Need Is Love, Sandra Feldman
- The train., Harold R Hunt Sr
- No lights., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Tail of Two Buffalo s, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Not A Dream But Maybe What We Will, Hirotsugu Daba
- Remembering., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley