Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)
Who Are The Real War Profiteers?
it is hard to understand
why some internationally esteemed
join the crusade
to slay the voices
Why slay the peace makers?
Why slay peace protesters?
Why slay anti-war demonstrators?
once war was only small time
a million dollar a minute industry
war has grown up since then
corporations producing weapons
of war now flex more corporate muscles
in policies silencing exterminating
bothersome peace protesters
swatting peace protesters like flies
are nations built on war profits
some innocently build state weapons?
nationalistic weapons of mass destruction
some merely promote weapons sales?
some are Lords Of War gun runners arms dealers
armies are promoted as hero savior soldiers?
patriotic heroes who pull triggers push buttons
war profiteers are not just weapons designers
inventors of weapons key industry producers
war profiteers are also advertising managers
reaping in advertising cash revenues
lucrative profitable worthwhile deals
benefits of political spin promoting wars
owners of media innocently sit back team smiles
board policy toasted piling up latest pro war profits
is good for all untraceable billionaire bank balances
But who really supports
justifies war profiteers?
Is it not people people?
more than their
people who do not
give up their fair share?
Who really hates slays
peace makers peace protestors?
War mongers guarding stolen stashes?
Observe this world
is a dangerous heartless
place because of evil?
Because of sowers
of dark starker evil deeds
or because of innocent
who look on insulated
in protest do nothing?
Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Are The Real War Profiteers? by Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light) )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- List Of Loneliness, Margaret Alice Second
- When I Was With My Father, Naveed Akram
- Sow Your Seeds, Naveed Akram
- we never cry, Cee Bea
- Recipe To Live, Asma Riaz Khan
- Mind Over Matter (Scream), Joseph Archer
- Jesus among Us, michael hagwood
- Winterpoesie, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Love the Spine, V P Mahur
- Vergißmeinnicht, Johann Joseph Clahsen