.....................Why Can't Poets Learn To Speak?
Obliqueness can be boring at beast,
with sharp pointy horns, pause of feat,
Oh why cain't the English learn to speak?
And right the wrungs of there defeat?
Righting a poem can be frisky, the learned
stakes on much risky, the our of hour
discontent, brought on bye winter brooks.
Righting bye candlelite is beast to no...
Obtuse is much bitter, biter of phases...
daze of the pulpit ovary gowned down,
shouldered shrouds caul lawdy, singe
that steeple chaste, and win won fore
The gipper of roses, poses, hoses
running races to a sacral graven...
Jabberwocky never dyed...
This is liven proof...
elysabeth faslund's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (.....................Why Can't Poets Learn To Speak? by elysabeth faslund )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Id est, Frank Avon
- December 28th: Feast Of The Holy Innocents, Saiom Shriver
- End of the Year, Light Mark
- Let It Be on Monday, God, Donal Mahoney
- Rain, Devin Lasker
- Lyrics Lifted Aloft, Saiom Shriver
- Who Are They?, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Broken Marriage, Donal Mahoney
- New York City, Dawson Walter Smith
- I will turn my eyes from you, Nero CaroZiv