Why, Dandelion It Isn’t Easy
Why, dandelion it isn’t easy to lie down
In these weeds and fall in love
We don’t all have to be golden,
Stoic, and upright; shoulders above.
To fall like a seed-head
And break or bend in love
Why, dandelion it isn’t easy
To sing in these high, octaves, love.
But I am the meadow lark
In a countenance you’ve never seen so blue
And it’s all because my heart hungers
Yearns to climb; the mountains pass with you.
Why, dandelion it isn’t easy…
But I know your heart will climb,
And float with mine too…
In true a chord
All the way to our mountain, shepherd lord.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why, Dandelion It Isn’t Easy by Mark Heathcote )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Signature Rythmn, Bob Bradley
- Privileged Society, Bob Bradley
- My Little War, Bob Bradley
- Where is it?, Fahri Tasim
- am i pretty?, Rodney R. Cooper
- true story, bro, Mandolyn ...
- What Would I Had Done, Abekah Emmanuel
- beautiful girl nice face, lee fones
- Let's Have A Party!, mary douglas
- Another Day, Another Dawn, Jenn Toner