Why The Opposition? .... May 7th,2013
Why is there so much opposition to assisted suicide?
Have they announced that only they are right and can decide?
Because democracy doesn’t count when it comes to your death,
Because, though they don’t say; it’s a religious issue, you can bet.
Why do some countries and states allow it but we don’t?
Though not in Canada but maybe soon in the State of Vermont,
And also; the States of Oregon and Washington have it now,
Though here, still; it is causing one terrible religious row.
Is there a chance that it could become a provincial cause?
But we have no leadership there, for no reason - just because,
And as you get older and sicker, you might think about this,
Sue Rodriguez did and they didn’t even mention the Swiss.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Why The Opposition? .... May 7th,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Evening, Shirani Rajapakse
- Reader on the Shelf, Shirani Rajapakse
- The Awakening, David McLansky
- The Capital, Shirani Rajapakse
- Know who is here, gajanan mishra
- See, how I am dying, gajanan mishra
- My Plea To You, Electric Lady
- A Trifle, Lawrence Beck
- Living up to love, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Leave Sorrow Behind, Paul Gerard Reed