Why To Win Respect
What to expect?
Dirty dust under my feet.
Am I a cheat?
I am holding your hands
I am touching your forehead
I am in front of your eyes
I am a flower in the garland You wear.
Tell me, tell me, who am I
And You are in equanimity
With new clothes every moment
Taking me upwards with and without my consent.
All these are here not for the sake of show
I realized and you called me loudly
I want to sacrifice myself for You
And You are declaring my victory at the end.
What to do with that victory
That I do not know and I am sure
I know not the beginning and the end
And in the middle I am in my life threefold.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Why To Win Respect by gajanan mishra )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Changing Seasons, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Favoring Earth, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Surprise Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What If..., Jim Yerman
- Waking From A Deep Sleep, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A View of Unity, V P Mahur
- Leaving Something Of Self, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mental Block Doc, Ima Ryma
- a post-queer star, Nyein Way
- New Twilight Of Chance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak