The night is quiet
Life is nearly gone
Love is somewhere else
What is Hope that we should be mindful of it?
What else is there but life?
Why be what I am now
Sad tired humiliated angry old?
Why believe the night
Is a new night
And tomorrow another day
And my eyes can still see Beauty
And my ears hear Music
And there are all those I love
And who perhaps love me?
God is Good
God is Great
I am old
Forgive me for my sad embittered soul-
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Wait? by Shalom Freedman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Fallout from the War on Women, Donal Mahoney
- ETERNALITY, Satish Verma
- Rape, gajanan mishra
- In the End, Gandhi and King Were Murdered, Lawrence Beck
- Love's labor lost, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- mens sana in corpore sano -a healthy mi.., Sadiqullah Khan
- Do not leave us, Sadiqullah Khan
- Regal Grace, Sadiqullah Khan
- Another Lesson Learned, Danielle Mari Nidea
- A Birthday Wish, Adonis Enricuso