Will I Walk You Home Tonight, Oh Darlin?
When the last dance finishes and the lights are turned off;
And in the dark I see a hunk giving you an eye; his name Christophe.
Go on, you can smile at him, even a broader smile that makes him cough
But when the last table clears and the revellers stagger off
Remember I’m the one to walk you home tonight oh sweet darlin’.
Oh the music sounded fine and the night has gone all right
I’ve watched you wriggle your body beneath the pale moonlight
And his hand I’ve seen around your waist holding but too tight
So if he begs to walk you home Christophe, be polite
And tell him Im walking you home Oh darlin', tonight.
When he whispers in your ear ‘heaven is missing an angel’
And in his drunkenness he loses his footing, to step on your ankle
Show him the diamond that, on your left finger, sparkles.
But don’t be deceived by the looks; he may be a jackal;
That will trail us when I walk you home tonight, oh sweet darlin’.
You can dance with him one more dance if it pleases your heart.
Though my face winces it doesn’t mean im in any hurt
You can laugh, you can sing along, having fun, but it won’t tear me apart.
Oh I know we have taken a vow ‘this is till death us do part’.
So when he asks to walk you home tonight refuse but with a pat.
For, I will walk you home tonight, oh sweet darlin’.
Oh baby, dont you forget I love you darlin, I love you so;
Can't you feel it when l kiss you and I cant let it go?
But you can dance through the night till you're ready to go
And if he begs to walk you home tonight give him a straight no
For deep down I'm afraid honey: will I walk you home tonight oh darlin'?
Kuda Bondamakara's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Will I Walk You Home Tonight, Oh Darlin? by Kuda Bondamakara )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Carolyn Ford Witt
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
Poem of the Day
- Needed Sleep, Michael P. McParland
- Needed, Michael P. McParland
- Need To Know, Michael P. McParland
- Need, Michael P. McParland
- Where Did I go wrong, Poetic Lilly Emery
- A Universal Gift, Sandra Feldman
- The Constant Factor, Steve Kittell
- The Life Doesn't Stop for Me., Jiya Acharya
- Somewhere In Fantasy Land Hazel Icefrost, Heather Burns
- Beats of the New City., Jiya Acharya