Will I Walk You Home Tonight, Oh Darlin?
When the last dance finishes and the lights are turned off;
And in the dark I see a hunk giving you an eye; his name Christophe.
Go on, you can smile at him, even a broader smile that makes him cough
But when the last table clears and the revellers stagger off
Remember I’m the one to walk you home tonight oh sweet darlin’.
Oh the music sounded fine and the night has gone all right
I’ve watched you wriggle your body beneath the pale moonlight
And his hand I’ve seen around your waist holding but too tight
So if he begs to walk you home Christophe, be polite
And tell him Im walking you home Oh darlin', tonight.
When he whispers in your ear ‘heaven is missing an angel’
And in his drunkenness he loses his footing, to step on your ankle
Show him the diamond that, on your left finger, sparkles.
But don’t be deceived by the looks; he may be a jackal;
That will trail us when I walk you home tonight, oh sweet darlin’.
You can dance with him one more dance if it pleases your heart.
Though my face winces it doesn’t mean im in any hurt
You can laugh, you can sing along, having fun, but it won’t tear me apart.
Oh I know we have taken a vow ‘this is till death us do part’.
So when he asks to walk you home tonight refuse but with a pat.
For, I will walk you home tonight, oh sweet darlin’.
Oh baby, dont you forget I love you darlin, I love you so;
Can't you feel it when l kiss you and I cant let it go?
But you can dance through the night till you're ready to go
And if he begs to walk you home tonight give him a straight no
For deep down I'm afraid honey: will I walk you home tonight oh darlin'?
Kuda Bondamakara's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Will I Walk You Home Tonight, Oh Darlin? by Kuda Bondamakara )
Did you read them?
- The Echoes rattle, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Where statues from their eyes Shed Tears, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The ghosts and shrouds, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The inward echo, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Be a man with humanity, gajanan mishra
- Wild Thyme Of Bearded Hogs, Emmanuel George Cefai
- For Time was deep, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I Cant Have You, Tracee Olga
- A verse A chant, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Face of the skeleton, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As Soon as Fred Gets Out of Bed, Jack Prelutsky
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Barbie Doll, Marge Piercy
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)