Will Never Know
I never thought how much you meant,
Until the day it finally stopped,
Without even looking back you went,
You had her now and I had him,
So surely we could stay friends,
But that's when our friendship began to dim.
You didn't approve, you never said why,
We had a strong past and everyone knew
But it started to dwindle due to this guy,
And I wouldn't give up without a fight,
I was determined not to give in to you,
So I wrote you a letter late that night.
And made a plan to get it to you,
Because I didn't see you much anymore,
I was worried of your reaction and what you'd do,
Later that day I got the text reply,
Saying we'd moved on and were not as close,
That's when I told my friends I loved this guy.
Without realising I finally saw what you meant,
What a true friend you really were to me,
But it's too late once I got that text you sent,
So here I am writing and thinking why did I let him go?
I can only try to get you back a friend again,
But until I do... you will never know...
By Sian Mein
Sian Mein's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Will Never Know by Sian Mein )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Inner Vault, Mwenyeji Spikes
- Written Soul, Christina de Vries
- Ah Fountains Of Thoughts, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- The Hunting Of Dark Angel, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Cracks, petra pen
- FAITH, GREED & INTEGRITY, Tom Zart
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Security Is A Pain, John deVries
- Simply Spoken Melting Crystals, Heather Burns
- There Was..., Aparna Chatterjee