Life has been a series of winks
From God Who straightens out kinks,
At times when I run out of ink;
And paints my canvas with pink.
On God's first wink,
I was brought to life;
Cared for and loved without stink
And grew up with fife.
Year after year,
I sometimes shed a tear,
Or smile from ear to ear;
But never fear.
Every wink I gain,
Gives me the strength I need
To overcome all the pain
That grows in my path as weed.
Whether I board a plane
Or hop on a ship with a fancy vane
I know that I will not sink
Because today I have gained another wink.
Syl Espina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Winks by Syl Espina )
- Our Heavenly Souls, Robert Rorabeck
- Nightmares and Daydreams, Shane V. Hill
- Within My Mind Holds Dreams, Lilly Emery
- The Right Question, David Barz
- Confusing, george albot
- Bluegray, Saiom Shriver
- My Still Daughter, LoKis White
- By Another Icarus, Robert Rorabeck
- Lilies Of Lanka, Saiom Shriver
- Fiery Ferment, Saiom Shriver
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)