Life has been a series of winks
From God Who straightens out kinks,
At times when I run out of ink;
And paints my canvas with pink.
On God's first wink,
I was brought to life;
Cared for and loved without stink
And grew up with fife.
Year after year,
I sometimes shed a tear,
Or smile from ear to ear;
But never fear.
Every wink I gain,
Gives me the strength I need
To overcome all the pain
That grows in my path as weed.
Whether I board a plane
Or hop on a ship with a fancy vane
I know that I will not sink
Because today I have gained another wink.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Winks by Syl Espina )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Mirror of your life... can you face .., Dimitri Jagodinski
- Honour-killing Is A Sin/ Just For Family.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love story, gajanan mishra
- My Prabhu! .....(Inspiration from KEE Th.., Geetha Jayakumar
- Arguendo, Michael Mullings
- Poem: Spiritual Upgrade, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- I Believe, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Peace - a means, gajanan mishra
- GOD'S LOVE, Tom Zart
- I am a woman, Komal Kapoor