Life has been a series of winks
From God Who straightens out kinks,
At times when I run out of ink;
And paints my canvas with pink.
On God's first wink,
I was brought to life;
Cared for and loved without stink
And grew up with fife.
Year after year,
I sometimes shed a tear,
Or smile from ear to ear;
But never fear.
Every wink I gain,
Gives me the strength I need
To overcome all the pain
That grows in my path as weed.
Whether I board a plane
Or hop on a ship with a fancy vane
I know that I will not sink
Because today I have gained another wink.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Winks by Syl Espina )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Young people, hasmukh amathalal
- The lesson, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Animal Rights(A Surrogate Hen), U Win Kyi
- Violence in silence, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Conscience, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Compassionate Bondage, Monk E. Biz
- Flowers on my feet, Cigeng Zhang
- what do you think, Edgar Stevenson
- Poem: Let Me Touch His Garment, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Genre-Free Nights Nine 74, Anne Tardos