Life has been a series of winks
From God Who straightens out kinks,
At times when I run out of ink;
And paints my canvas with pink.
On God's first wink,
I was brought to life;
Cared for and loved without stink
And grew up with fife.
Year after year,
I sometimes shed a tear,
Or smile from ear to ear;
But never fear.
Every wink I gain,
Gives me the strength I need
To overcome all the pain
That grows in my path as weed.
Whether I board a plane
Or hop on a ship with a fancy vane
I know that I will not sink
Because today I have gained another wink.
Syl Espina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Winks by Syl Espina )
- what is this? i don't even..., Mandolyn ...
- Today is but tomorrow..., David Lessard
- Sa hagupit ni Yolanda, nagkabuhol-buhol, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- At Nights, Madrason writer
- Trajectorya ng masuyong hampas-lupa, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- falling down a well, well, you pushed me, Mandolyn ...
- Indeed, george albot
- Poets, Do You Agree?, Sandra Feldman
- broad boy souffle, derrick foster
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #3, Brian Johnston
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)